International Photographers Association of Los Angeles 洛杉磯國際攝影家協會

We don't make a photograph just with a camera; we bring to the act of photography all the books we have read, the movies we have seen, the music we have heard, the people we have loved. -Ansel Adams
現在的時間是 週一 10月 07, 2024 1:20 am

所有顯示的時間為 UTC - 8 小時 [ DST ]

發表新文章 回覆主題  [ 24 篇文章 ]  前往頁數 上一頁  1, 2
發表人 內容
 文章主題 :
文章發表於 : 週六 3月 03, 2007 1:04 am 
離線
大上造
大上造
頭像

註冊時間: 週四 2月 15, 2007 12:56 pm
文章: 5438
ancient Chinese beads on a western style string. bravo!

回頂端
 個人資料  

文章主題 :
文章發表於 : 週四 3月 08, 2007 7:47 pm 
離線
中更
中更
頭像

註冊時間: 週四 2月 15, 2007 2:07 pm
文章: 1340
來自: Wash. DC/North. VA
Frank, finally, I got a chance to listen to the rest of the pieces that I didn't complete the first time.

Ansel Adam once said something like a negative is a music score and every print is a performance -- it differs every time. In this case, I hav to say that the performer has as much creativity as the composer, so the cellist makes the negative too.

Congrats to that. :D

I was trained in classical tradition, my two mentors -- directors of the China Conservatory Composition Department -- didn't teach me to rebel against the dictatorship of the Major-Minor keys. I wasn't mature enough to understand the power of atonal music. :D

Having said that, I think I was drawn to pko4 and pko3 for the rhythmic freedom, the self-confirming form and the sassy texture. I like these.

Good job.

回頂端
 個人資料  

文章主題 :
文章發表於 : 週四 3月 08, 2007 9:31 pm 
離線
五大夫
五大夫
頭像

註冊時間: 週三 2月 28, 2007 8:20 pm
文章: 524
來自: LA
Dear Ray
很高興收到您的訊息,現代音樂中演奏的創意屬另一類創造,謝謝花時間聆聽.很費精神旳,任何新作品得到承認都有一個過程,能在有生之年得到認可是作曲家夢寐己求之幸事. 葛甘孺先生被格路夫大辭典譽為中國第一位先鋒派作曲家實乃華人之榮幸.

回頂端
 個人資料  

文章主題 :
文章發表於 : 週五 3月 09, 2007 5:54 am 
離線
中更
中更
頭像

Hi Frank,

Musicians from China are changing the landscape of the world's classical and contemporary music. Besides you and Mr. Ge, there are a few others, who I also admire. :D

One of the professors I mentioned above had his opera performed in Kennedy Center about 10 years ago, all 11 performences sold out. And because it was an Opera Season, he got to have his large size portrait displayed next to Beethoven and Puccini in the hall. The opera received raved reviews. :D

Have you heard Tan Dun's latest opera performed in NYC? What do you think?

回頂端
 個人資料  

文章主題 :
文章發表於 : 週五 3月 09, 2007 7:07 am 
離線
五大夫
五大夫
頭像

註冊時間: 週三 2月 28, 2007 8:20 pm
文章: 524
來自: LA
raywei 寫:
Hi Ray.我得知譚在紐約很成功并在BBC任過指揮.2003和2004年在上海之春音樂節還聽了他的臥虎藏龍 協奏曲,他在將音樂与多媒体的結合中投入了創意.他是一位多產的,并能將自己的才華運用在現代音樂并讓廣大聽眾所接受的音樂家. :D :D :D

回頂端
 個人資料  

文章主題 :
文章發表於 : 週五 3月 09, 2007 11:39 am 
離線
中更
中更
頭像

Oh, yeah. Tan Dun is very talented. He comes to our city from time to time.

回頂端
 個人資料  

文章主題 :
文章發表於 : 週五 3月 09, 2007 1:57 pm 
離線
大上造
大上造
頭像

raywei 寫:

are you talking about 'The First Emperor'? I heard the news on NPR, but never got a chance to watch or listen to it. How about you?

回頂端
 個人資料  

文章主題 :
文章發表於 : 週六 3月 10, 2007 6:45 am 
離線
中更
中更
頭像

Yuhong 寫:
raywei 寫:

are you talking about 'The First Emperor'? I heard the news on NPR, but never got a chance to watch or listen to it. How about you?

Yes, that's the opera. Well, reviews are divided. Arias written in atonal are not sexy to every listener. But the staging is outstanding, I was told, so the opera may not please every listener, but it sure pleases every photographer. :D

回頂端
 個人資料  

文章主題 :
文章發表於 : 週六 3月 10, 2007 1:32 pm 
離線
大上造
大上造
頭像

raywei 寫:
Yuhong 寫:
raywei 寫:

Yes, that's the opera. Well, reviews are divided. Arias written in atonal are not sexy to every listener. But the staging is outstanding, I was told, so the opera may not please every listener, but it sure pleases every photographer. :D

I heard that it was Zhang Yimou who did the stage design. It must have been a visual feast. See if anyone got the stage shots of this production. :roll:

回頂端
 個人資料  

顯示文章 :  排序  
發表新文章 回覆主題  [ 24 篇文章 ]  前往頁數 上一頁  1, 2

所有顯示的時間為 UTC - 8 小時 [ DST ]

誰在線上

正在瀏覽這個版面的使用者: 沒有註冊用戶 和 4 位訪客

不能 在這個版面發表主題
不能 在這個版面回覆主題
不能 在這個版面編輯文章
不能 在這個版面刪除文章
不能 在這個版面上傳附加檔案